The vision of Apostolic Christian School is to raise up effective leaders of Godly character who will blend academic achievement and Biblical truth to influence society for the glory of God.
The mission of Apostolic Christian School is to provide superior, Christian-based education consistent with Biblical principles. A dedicated, professional faculty presents God as the source of all life and truth. Within a secure, loving environment, students will discover their individual gifts and develop spiritually, socially, and intellectually. We strongly believe that the union of our school, its families, and their churches will equip our students for a life pursuing excellence and integrity under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Philosophy of Education
The right and responsibility to teach begins in the home with the parents. Beyond the lessons learned in the family environment, the church also has the right and responsibility to educate children both academically and spiritually. Education is a commandment of God, as evidenced by 149 Bible verses addressing the subject. Moreover, Proverbs 22:6 says to “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” It is with this philosophy in mind that Apostolic Christian School endeavors to educate students and teach them to excel academically, spiritually, and in all avenues of life.
Apostolic Christian School is an institution of education, ministry and personal development. In addition to providing an excellent academic education, ACS is also a channel of ministry to assist students in understanding more clearly the Holy Bible and the revelation of the Lordship of Jesus Christ. It is based upon these principles of education and ministry that ACS builds an atmosphere of learning conducive to the multi-faceted needs of elementary and secondary students. It is the premise of the sponsoring church, First Apostolic Church, that every student should receive an excellent academic education in a Christian environment that promotes mental, spiritual, emotional, physical and social development. The statements and guidelines contained in this handbook are designed to enhance the healthy development of ACS students in an environment where Christian principles and standards are taught, demonstrated and learned on a daily basis. It is not the purpose or intent of ACS to be the sole source of a child’s learning experience. However, it is the responsibility and right of ACS and the purpose of this handbook to set appropriate parameters for the learning and development of students at ACS. While this handbook addresses a variety of situational guidelines and standards of conduct, it is not all-inclusive. ACS reserves the right to modify and adapt this handbook as deemed appropriate by the administration and the ACS School Board and to set forth further guidelines not currently included. ACS also reserves the right to address unforeseen situations not included in this handbook and to act in the best interest of the school, its staff and students.
The purpose of Apostolic Christian School is to instruct students in basic Christian principles that will lead them to a personal knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, to help develop the qualities of Christian character and leadership, and to provide a superior scholastic program with emphasis on academics, meaningful experiences, and problem solving.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious death through shed blood, His ascension and in His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe in repentance, water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and in the infilling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
School Sponsorship and Affiliation
Apostolic Christian School is sponsored by First Apostolic Church and is accredited by the Christian Education Department of the Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ, which maintains a national charter with the federal government. ACS currently maintains an “AA” rating, the highest level of accreditation with the ALJC.
The objectives of ACS in the education of students are as follows:
- To prepare students spiritually by instilling in them a personal responsibility to and an appreciation for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- To prepare students to successfully live in a democratic society, helping them to develop a sense of responsibility as a Christian and a citizen.
- To offer an instructional program that meets the academic needs of students by encouraging them to think clearly, logically, and independently, as well as achieving mastery in the tools of learning and communication.
- To develop a moral, ethical and spiritual sense which will aid them in an appreciation of their own personal worth and that of others.
- To provide them with opportunities to develop an understanding of and an appreciation for the arts and opportunities to contribute to them.
- To provide opportunities for developing skills necessary to earn a living.
- To offer opportunities to participate in wholesome forms of recreation, which encourage a healthy physical body that aids in the development of teamwork and social skills and provides a positive outlet for mental and emotional stress.
- To intensively prepare all graduates for college entry through college and career preparatory programs.
All teachers at ACS are approved academically, morally and spiritually before they join the faculty of ACS. All teachers must have a minimum associate degree from a recognized college and/ or be willing to continue their education toward a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. It is the policy of this school to practice equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, gender, disability, or age in application of any policy, practice, rule, or regulation. Functioning as a non-profit religious entity, we reserve the right to base employment on the basis of religion as permitted under Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964. We believe Romans 1:24-32 and I Corinthians 6:9-10 provide scriptural basis for AKA/ACS morality hiring practices. The foremost requirements for teachers of ACS are an unselfish dedication to Christian education, a sincere love for children, and complete devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ. Teachers at ACS are highly esteemed and valued.